The 2017 portion of the programme, The City in Reverse and Wander Lines, is complete. Applications will be open in September 2017 for the 2018 events, Unruly Infolding and Reanimation and Unsettling.
- Tuition fees for all 2017-18 events are $695.
- There is an additional $100 fee for the Reanimation and Unsettling event in support of road trip transportation logistics.
- Please review our FAQ and our page describing what makes a good Creative Project proposal.
- There is no fee to apply for a Murmur Land Studios residency.
- PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING ROLLING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FINAL AVAILABLE SPACES.
The thematic of a Murmur Land Studios field school event is designed to attract a diverse group of creative thinkers, makers, movers and doers around a particular questioning potential for collective investigation. Our application process is designed in turn to facilitate this process of bringing-together, by skipping institutional markers of “success” in favour of a more direct relation to the event itself.
This is an email-based application with a 3-page PDF attachment. For fairness the attachment will be reviewed blindly by the curatorial collective, after which the anonymous application will then be reconnected to your identity from the email body.
- Please make sure there is no personally-identifying information in the PDF attachment!
- Only include your name/personal information in the body of your email message.
- Please ensure all 3 pages are compiled into ONE PDF. Applications that fail to do this will not be considered.
In your application please include:
a) Body of Email
Choice of Field School:
(Note: If accepted to the MLS program, you will be asked to provide date of birth, address and other current health information at that time.)
b) PDF Page 1
Please describe the project you would like to undertake during the field school residency period. Clearly indicate which field school you are applying for and include a rationale for how your proposed project fits with the residency theme and/or location. Briefly describe your creative practice or what motivates your work.
c) PDF Page 2
In this section, elaborate on each of the following: 1. describe an “ecological” artwork or creative project that motivates or inspires you; 2. describe your most memorable learning experience; 3. describe a profound prior land-based experience — camping, hiking, trekking, boating, knowledge practice, etc.
d) PDF Page 3
On this page please include a sample of your creative work. This might include photo images or documentation of a prior project, a sample of creative writing or poetry, etc.
Please do not exceed the 3-page limit!
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING ROLLING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FINAL AVAILABLE SPACES.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org; include the tag [MLS] at the beginning of your subject line.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.