- Tuition fees for all 2017-18 events are $695.
- There is an additional $100 fee for the Reanimation and Unsettling event in support of road trip transportation logistics.
- Please review our FAQ and our page describing what makes a good Creative Project proposal.
- There is no fee to apply for a Murmur Land Studios residency.
- The deadline for applications for the 2018 events is December 15, 2017 at midnight EST.
- Extensions to this deadline are possible upon request, but only if this request is made PRIOR to December 15 (ie. if you let us know before the deadline that you will have a proposal submitted shortly after the deadline, this can be accommodated).
- You will receive notification of your application results by February 15, 2018.
The thematic of a Murmur Land Studios field school event is designed to attract a diverse group of creative thinkers, makers, movers and doers around a particular questioning potential for collective investigation. Our application process is designed in turn to facilitate this process of bringing-together, by skipping institutional markers of “success” in favour of a more direct relation to the event itself.
This is an email-based application with a 3-page PDF attachment. For fairness the attachment will be reviewed blindly by the curatorial collective, after which the anonymous application will then be reconnected to your identity from the email body.
- Please make sure there is no personally-identifying information in the PDF attachment!
- Only include your name/personal information in the body of your email message.
- Please ensure all 3 pages are compiled into ONE PDF. Applications that fail to do this will not be considered.
In your application please include:
a) Body of Email
Choice of Field School:
(Note: If accepted to the MLS program, you will be asked to provide date of birth, address and other current health information at that time.)
b) PDF Page 1
Please describe the project you would like to undertake during the field school residency period. Clearly indicate which field school you are applying for and include a rationale for how your proposed project fits with the residency theme and/or location. Briefly describe your creative practice or what motivates your work.
c) PDF Page 2
In this section, elaborate on each of the following: 1. describe an “ecological” artwork or creative project that motivates or inspires you; 2. describe your most memorable learning experience; 3. describe a profound prior land-based experience — camping, hiking, trekking, boating, knowledge practice, etc.
d) PDF Page 3
On this page please include a sample of your creative work. This might include photo images or documentation of a prior project, a sample of creative writing or poetry, etc.
Please do not exceed the 3-page limit!
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 15, 2017. Include the tag [MLS] at the beginning of your subject line.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.